Europe will overshoot emissions targets without drastic action to halt use of coal power within the next 15 years, study suggests
The EU will not meet its climate commitments under the Paris Agreement unless it closes all of its 315 coal-fired power plants by 2031, according to new analysis released yesterday by research institute...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial