Danish company says 220 metre high turbine should go into production next year after generating first power from 8MW prototype
Vestas has switched on the world's most powerful wind turbine for the first time, ahead of full production starting in 2015. The V164-8.0 MW prototype successfully produced its first kWh of electricity...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial