New study reckons environmental damage carried out during 2008 resulted in financial costs equivalent to 11 per cent of GDP
Global environmental damage resulting from human activity resulted in an economic cost of $6.6tn (£4.2tn) during 2008, equivalent to 11 per cent of global GDP, and is set to cost $28tn a year by 2050....
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial