Metals, building materials, textiles and ceramics could all receive free pollution permits to help tackle threat of "carbon leakage"
EU lawmakers yesterday approved a list of industries that will receive free permits to emit carbon dioxide under the next phase of the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), effectively ending efforts by green...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial