Fresh analysis warns plans for UK's largest BECCS facility in North Yorkshire could prove more expensive for taxpayers than Hinkley Point C, but developer Drax rejects calculations and insists carbon capture technology is likely to prove a crucial component of the net zero transition
The long-running debate over whether biomass energy can deliver promised emissions savings has been reignited this morning, after fresh analysis from think tank Ember warned plans for the UK's largest...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.