Commission President Ursula von der Leyen touts 55 per cent emissions reduction goal for 2030 and expanded the EU Emissions Trading Scheme in inaugural State of the Union address
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has officially backed plans to increase the EU's 2030 greenhouse gas emissions reduction target to 55 per cent from 1990 levels, as she announced a raft...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.