In response to popular demand, deadline extended for BusinessGreen Technology Awards and BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum
In order to ensure a level playing field for all, companies interested in entering this year's BusinessGreen Technology Awards now have until 5:30pm on Friday October 7th to submit their entry and be in with a chance of winning one of our coveted titles. Companies that have already submitted an entry can also update their application until this Friday if they wish to.
Similarly, investors and technology firms interested in presenting at or attending the upcoming BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum have until 5:30pm on Wednesday October 5th to register their interest.
Hosted in association with lead sponsor Innovate UK, the BusinessGreen Technology Awards are free to enter to any organisation with some form of UK presence, but under the terms and conditions all shortlisted finalists are required to purchase a minimum of two tickets to attend the awards lunch and ceremony at the Institution of Engineering and Technology headquarters at Savoy Place in central London on Friday the 2nd of December.
Attendees will receive a three course lunch, exclusive networking opportunities, and a digital certificate and logo to highlight their position as a BusinessGreen Technology Awards finalist.
The full list of categories for this year's awards is:
- App of the Year
- Consumer Gadget of the Year
- Green Data Centre Technology of the Year - New for 2016
- R&D Programme of the Year
- Building Technology of the Year
- Transport Technology of the Year
- Supply Chain/Logistics Technology of the Year - New for 2016
- Solar Technology of the Year
- Wind Energy Technology of the Year
- Marine Energy Technology of the Year
- Bio-technology of the Year
- Smart Grid Technology of the Year
- Clean and Cool Award for International Impact
- Future City Technology of the Year
- Circular Economy Innovation of the Year
- Breakthrough of the Year
- Clean Tech Marketing Campaign of the Year - New for 2016
- Clean Tech Investor of the Year - New for 2016
- Clean Tech Start-up of the Year - New for 2016
- Innovator of the Year
- Technology of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award - New for 2016
The BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum, which will take place at BusinessGreen's offices in central London on the morning of December 1st. Companies and investors are free to register for both events.
The forum will see early stage clean tech firms present to a number of the UK's leading green investors. The presentations and networking session will follow a keynote address from Professor Jim Watson, director at the respected UK Energy Research Centre. Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Clean tech companies selected to present at the Forum will also be offered the chance join day-long investor pitching masterclass with Clean and Cool. The clean tech trade mission specialist and partner of the BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum has in recent years helped over 100 UK clean tech firms pitch for investment and partnerships overseas.
Storage secures 3.2GW of capacity market contracts, in latest auction which also extended major subsidies for gas plants
New unit formed in anticipation of a rising interest in the sector from clients, says banking giant
Twenty-one tech giants, from Adobe to WD, are identified as leaders, yet trouble brews among their peers
Felix Preston of Chatham House considers who will champion the Paris Agreement if US goes into reverse on climate change