The Institution of Engineering and Technology confirmed as venue for this year's awards ceremony
The UK's top clean tech companies have just two days left to enter the BusinessGreen Technology Awards 2016 and be in with a chance of winning one of our coveted titles.
The deadline for awards' entries is 5:30pm on Friday September 30th and BusinessGreen is today calling on the UK's most inspiring and innovative clean tech businesses, R&D programmes, entrepreneurs and investors to put themselves forward for the high profile awards.
BusinessGreen can today also announce that the venue for this year's awards on the afternoon of Friday December 2nd has been confirmed as the Institution of Engineering and Technology headquarters at Savoy Place in central London.
The awards ceremony will take place in the Riverside Room of the historic, BREEAM certified venue, providing views of the River Thames.
Hosted in association with lead sponsor Innovate UK, the BusinessGreen Technology Awards are free to enter to any organisation with some form of UK presence, but under the terms and conditions all shortlisted finalists are required to purchase a minimum of two tickets to attend the awards lunch and ceremony.
Attendees will receive a three course lunch, exclusive networking opportunities, and a digital certificate and logo to highlight their position as a BusinessGreen Technology Awards finalist.
In addition, all of the winners on the day will receive a BusinessGreen Technology Award and will be profiled on BusinessGreen.
Tomorrow's deadline for entries falls on the same day as the deadline for clean tech firms and investors to register their interest in the BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum, which will take place at BusinessGreen's offices in central London on the morning of December 1st.
The forum will see early stage clean tech firms present to a number of the UK's leading green investors. The presentations and networking session will follow a keynote address from Professor Jim Watson, director at the respected UK Energy Research Centre. Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Clean tech companies selected to present at the Forum will also be offered the chance join day-long investor pitching masterclass with Clean and Cool. The clean tech trade mission specialist and partner of the BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum has in recent years helped over 100 UK clean tech firms pitch for investment and partnerships overseas.
The full list of categories for this year's awards is:
- App of the Year
- Consumer Gadget of the Year
- Green Data Centre Technology of the Year - New for 2016
- R&D Programme of the Year
- Building Technology of the Year
- Transport Technology of the Year
- Supply Chain/Logistics Technology of the Year - New for 2016
- Solar Technology of the Year
- Wind Energy Technology of the Year
- Marine Energy Technology of the Year
- Bio-technology of the Year
- Smart Grid Technology of the Year
- Clean and Cool Award for International Impact
- Future City Technology of the Year
- Circular Economy Innovation of the Year
- Breakthrough of the Year
- Clean Tech Marketing Campaign of the Year - New for 2016
- Clean Tech Investor of the Year - New for 2016
- Clean Tech Start-up of the Year - New for 2016
- Innovator of the Year
- Technology of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award - New for 2016
BREAKING: High Court rules government air quality plans are unlawful
Go-Ahead Group snaps up 10 per cent stake in German car sharing start-up Mobileeee for €300,000