Alliance of businesses, NGOs, and policy-makers launches a new campaign and report arguing a successful economy must work harder for the environment and for society
Building on the earlier launch of our report in May, the Aldersgate Group is hosting the official launch of the 'An Economy That Works' coalition.
This coalition of businesses and civil society organisations believes that to have a truly successful economy, we need to redefine its purpose and ensure that economic policy also aims to deliver positive environmental and social impacts. The coalition aims to support the government in developing policies that can drive better growth, beyond just GDP and deliver greater sustainability, resilience, prosperity and competitiveness.
Speakers will discuss why we need to redefine the purpose of the economy, its importance to the business community and highlight some policy ideas that can help realise an economy that works.
- Sir Richard Lambert, former Director General, CBI
- Anne Richards CVO, Chief Investment Officer, Aberdeen Asset Management
- Mike Barry, Head of Sustainable Business, M&S
- Niall Dunne, Chief Sustainability Officer, BT
- Nigel Stansfield, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Interface Inc
- Richard Gillies, Group Sustainability Director, Kingfisher
- Siobhan Kennedy, Business Correspondent, Channel 4 News
The panel will be followed by a drinks reception until 8.30pm.
Please RSVP here to confirm your interest.
Supermarket is hoping to set up support scheme for soy farmers in the Cerrado region of Brazil in a bid to protect native vegetation
Hopes are high that Greta Thunberg's arrival in Madrid can deliver some urgency for Paris Agreement talks that have shown slow progress so far
All the winners and highly commended entries from the fifth annual BusinessGreen Technology Awards
All the green business news from around the world this week